Welcome to Healdsburg! Did you know there are 30+ wineries within walking distance from the Healdsburg Plaza? Did you know there are over 80+ Wineries and Tasting Rooms within the 4 square miles of Healdsburg?
Wineries: Walking Distance
- Seghesio: One of the nicest wineries within walking distance. Excellent Barbera wine. Café located on the second floor open during the summer. Two full sized Bocce Ball courts. www.seghesio.com
- Davis Family: Right by the train tracks and river. Another nice space with Bocce Ball. www.davisfamilyvineyards.com
- Banshee: Nicely decorated tasting room right off the Plaza. Grab a small bite to eat and taste some wines. www.bansheewines.com
- Stark: Good place to relax and get away from the Plaza. www.starkwine.com
- Selby: Not the fanciest tasting room but don’t let that deceive you. If you have had dinner at the White House, Selby may sound familiar because their wines may have been paired with your dinner. www.selbywinery.com
- Roadhouse: Nice people and nice Pinots a block from the Plaza. www.roadhousewinery.com
- Portalupi: Great staff in a nice tasting room with a scooter one block from the Plaza. If the main room is full, there might be space for you in the back room. Open till 7pm. www.portalupiwine.com
- Old Roma Station: 11 wineries located next to one another. So much to choose from, so little time. www.oldromastation.com
Wineries: Driving Distance
- Mazzocco: Antoine the winemaker is a local legend. Excellent wine and excellent staff. Beautiful vineyard where you can sit back relax and let the world pass you by. www.mazzocco.com
- Rodney Strong: Interesting architecture, the tasting room is on the second floor overlooking the wine making facility. Take a walk outside to view the picnic and concert area. www.rodneystrong.com
- Bella: Check out their cave. Yes, a cave. Picturesque winery tucked away from the world. www.bellawinery.com
- Ferarri Carano: Beautiful estate, delicious wine. Take a stroll in their perfectly manicured garden. Quite possibly the prettiest estate in all of Healdsburg. Winery is located at 8761 Dry Creek Road. Note that they have a small Tasting Room location on the Plaza. www.ferrari‐carano.com
- Preston: Small organic winery and farm ran by folks that love the land. Down to earth winery without the glitz and glamour. Live like a farmer, drink like a king, and say hello to chickens, goats, and whatever multi‐legged friends decide to show up. www.prestonvineyards.com
- Foppiano: Oldest family ran vineyard in Healdsburg. Grab a full glass of wine and take a stroll through their vineyard and hike your way down to the river. Dog friendly. www.foppiano.com
- Williams Selyem: By Appointment Only. If you can get your way into this winery, do it. Beautiful facility, larger than life trees, not to mention great wines. www.williamsselyem.com
- Scopa: Fresh hand made pizza and pastas. Possibly the best restaurant in town. Reservations highly recommended. 109 Plaza Street.
- Campo Fina: Sister restaurant of Scopa, enjoy the “Sunny Side of Life” Panini for brunch while playing a game of Bocce Ball. If you’re here for dinner, we don’t usually recommend chicken when eating out, but we have to give “Nonna’s Tomato Braised Chicken and Polenta” our thumbs up. 330 Healdsburg Avenue.
- Dry Creek Kitchen: Fine dining right on the Plaza. Enjoy a tasting menu or wine pairing. 317 Healdsburg Avenue.
- Barndiva: Classy Barn décor. Beautiful indoor and outdoor space paired with great food and hand crafted cocktails. Excellent for Brunch and Dinner. 231 Center Street.
- Chalkboard: Try the Dungeness Crab Tater Tots and some Duck Fat Mac and Cheese. 29 North Street.
- Willi’s Seafood: Willi’s is a good spot to try some of Northern California’s famous oysters. If you love seafood and can’t decide what to order, try the Shellfish Platter. 403 Healdsburg Avenue.
- Partake by KJ: Start off with a “mystery” glass of wine served in a dark glass. Nice spot for wine and food pairings. 241 Healdsburg Avenue.
- Bar Bravas: Spanish Tapas and made to order Sangrias. 420 Center Street.
Quick and Casual Eats:
- Bear Republic: Home of the Racer 5 IPA and brewery. Take home a 64oz Growler and order some brew pub food. Brewery Tours Available. 345 Healdsburg Avenue.
- Healdsburg Bar and Grill: Good sports bar with indoor and outdoor seating. Try the Truffle Oil Basket of Fries. 245 Healdsburg Avenue.
- Taqueria Guadalajara: Locals will tell you this is their favorite taqueria. All kinds of tacos, burritos, and home made soups that will soothe the soul. 125 Healdsburg Avenue.
- El Sombrero: Taqueria located right off the Plaza. Go for the Shrimp Tacos. Caution…Spicy! 245 Center Street
- Oakville Grocery: Great tasting made to order pizzas and sandwiches. 124 Matheson Street.
- Wurst: Hot Dogs, Sausages, Burgers, Fries, with a side of Beer. 22 Matheson Street.
- Noble Folk: Homemade ice cream and pies, sister company of Mustache Bakery. 116 Matheson Street.
Mustache Bakery: Homemade cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches. 381 Healdsburg Avenue.
- Costeaux French Bakery: Walnut Bread, Chocolate Cake, Macaroons…oh the choices you will have to make. 417 Healdsburg Avenue.
- Flying Goat Coffee: Healdsburg’s own coffee roasting company. 324 Center Street.
- Big Johns: Locally owned grocery store with locally sourced meats, cheese, and veggies. They have practically everything you would find at a Safeway. Located very close to
- Summer’s Market: Small corner store. Great spot to grab some of Summer’s home made ice cream and made to order sandwich. 557 Powell Avenue
- Oakville Grocery: Ideal spot to stop and grab a picnic basket before heading out on your wine tour. Made to order pizzas and sandwiches. They’ll serve you a glass of wine while you enjoy your meal. Located right off the Plaza. 124 Matheson Street
- Lola’s Market: Great Latino market that has marinated meats along with Chicharrons fried daily. 102 Healdsburg Avenue
- The Shed: Winner of the 2014 James Beard “Outstanding Restaurant Design” award. Gorgeous space worth stopping by for a look. 25 North Street
- Safeway: What’s there to say? There’s a Safeway located in this small town. 1115 Vine Street
Things To Do:
- Bear Republic Brewery Tour: By appointment. Contact the Brewery at 707 433 2337. www.bearrepublic.com
- Rivers Edge Kayak and Canoe: Rent a kayak or canoe and leisurely paddle down the Russian River. Don’t forget sunscreen, water guns, and a picnic basket! www.riversedgekayakandcanoe.com
- Tayman Golf Course: This PGA regulation 9 hole golf course is a great local option. Play the course twice for the 18 hole par 70 experience. www.healdsburggolfclub.com
- Healdsburg Museum: Check out exhibits from the town that Harmon Heald built. www.healdsburgmuseum.org
- Canopy Tours: Okay, this is not technically in Healdsburg, but it’s worth noting if you want to zipline through the redwood forests of Sonoma. www.sonomacanopytours.com
- Segway Tours: Segway Wine Tour? Yes, please. www.segwayofhealdsburg.com
- Bike Rentals: Rent bikes and cruise around town. www.winecountrybikes.com
- Raven Theater: Catch a Broadway Musical performed by the local performing arts cast. www.raventheater.org
- Raven Film Center: Catch the latest flick and cool off in the air‐conditioned movie theater while sipping some wine and eating popcorn. www.sregmovies.com/loc_raven.asp